V-Ray 3.0 for Rhino - Upgrade Process for those eligible
Anyone who purchased a V-Ray for Rhino 1.5/2.0 license after February 1st 2016 (and before April 5th 2017) is eligible for a free upgrade to 1 Workstation and 1 Render node of V-Ray 3.0 for Rhino.
If you purchased your V-Ray 1.5 or 2.0 license within the period above and would like to have your upgrade processed then please follow these steps:
- Fill in this form CLICK HERE
- Once you have filled in the form you will need to create and send us a .wbc file so we can process your upgrade and update your existing V-Ray dongle/lock, here is how you do this:
• Make sure your dongle is plugged in and start the license server
• Open a web browser on the same workstation (Internet explorer or Mozilla Firefox for example) and type this into the address bar (this is a regular web site link):
http://localhost:30304/goupgrade Please type the link exactly as is it and press enter.
• When the "Success" page opens after the operation is done, save the remote context file (context.wbc) by right-clicking on the link and using Save Link As.. / Save Target As...;
We can’t process upgrades unless you have filled the form in and sent us your .wbc file, please do both and we’ll get your upgrade processed ASAP!
What's new in v3.0?
New UI: Designer-friendly user interface for faster and easier workflows
Material library: Select from over 500 drag and drop materials to speed up your next project
V-Ray Swarm: Render with maximum power using V-Ray’s new simple and scalable distributed rendering
Denoiser: Automatically remove noise and cut render times by up to 50%
Virtual Reality: Render virtual reality content for popular VR headsets
Section cuts: Render quick cutaways and cross sections with V-Ray Clipper
Aerial perspective: Add depth to your images with realistic atmospheric effects
Grass & fur: Create realistic grass, fabrics and carpet with V-Ray Fur