Shape to Fabrication 2023
Shape to Fabrication 2023 review.
The Shape to Fabrication 2023 Dates were:
- Workshops from Saturday 22nd April until Monday 24th April 2023
- Rhino New Developments Day on Tuesday 25th April 2023
- Main 2-day Conference on Wednesday 26th to Thursday 27th April 2023
The 8th iteration of our popular Architecture, Engineering and Design (AEC) Focused Conference, took place on 26-27th April 2023 in London, UK, in partnership with the School of Architecture and Cities, University of Westminster. In the days preceding the main conference we curated a fantastic group of workshops covering a wide-range of new technologies and applications, these were followed by the Rhino New Developments Day, hosted by the Rhino Developers themselves, McNeel.
Shape to Fabrication Workshops:
- Robotic Fabrication for Industrialised Building Components - Delivered by Zaha Hadid Architects Computation and Design Group (ZHACODE) and AKTII
- Data-Driven Workflows with Rhino and Power BI - Delivered by Proving Ground with support from Rhino Developers, McNeel
- Pollination Rhino Plugin Workflows - Delivered by Ladybug Tools with support from Rhino Developers, McNeel
- Multiplayer Design Workflows: Connecting People with 3D Data - Delivered by Speckle Development team with support from Rhino Developers, McNeel
- Automating building design using Grasshopper, ShapeDiver API, Cortex and Ellipse - Delivered by TT CORE Studio team with support from Rhino Developers, McNeel
- Integrating Rhino and Revit for Design, Fabrication, and Documentation - Delivered by Grimshaw Architects with support from Rhino Developers, McNeel
- Collaborative Design in the Industrial Metaverse: An introduction to NVIDIA Omniverse - Delivered by NVIDIA with support from Rhino Developers, McNeel
- Robotic fabrication for industrialised building components with Maya, Rhino Compute and Omniverse - Delivered by NVIDIA, Zaha Hadid Architects Computation and Design Group (ZHACODE)
- Grasshopper v2 for users of Grasshopper v1 – Delivered by David Rutten
What happened at Shape to Fabrication 2023:
- 2-days of inspiring, cutting-edge presentations - 20+ presentations during the main conference
- Networking at the designated conference breakout times
- Specially curated STF workshops in the days before the main conference
- Fully catered days and the Shape to Fabrication end of conference drinks celebration
Thanks to everyone who joined us at the 8th iteration of Shape to Fabrication - we've received amazing feedback and can't wait for the next one!
The full Shape to Fabrication 2023 Photo Gallery is now available at the STF website.